Family Night Fish Tacos
On a busy night this is the ultimate fast food dinner– fast and easy to make — comfort food. It’s very heart-healthy because you control the condiments. Without the tortillas, it satisfies salad lovers, too. Serves 6.
- ½ pound cod or other firm white fish
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 15 ½ oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 whole wheat or corn 12-inch tortillas, warmed in low oven
- Season fish with pepper.
- Heat olive oil and sauté red pepper, onion, garlic and oregano. Place in a bowl.
- Sauté fish until cooked through, then flake into small pieces.
- Fold beans and olives into the fish and heat through. Add fish mixture to vegetables and sprinkle with lime juice.
- To make a taco, place mixture in center of tortilla with condiments. Fold opposite sides in and roll.
THE SEASONED COOK Chop and dice ahead of time, so this dinner can be on the table as quickly as you want.