Mexican food-lovers will agree that these enchiladas taste absolutely authentic. And no one will be able to tell that the salmon is canned. Serve with a green salad. Serves 8.
- 1 14.75-ounce can pink salmon, drained and bones removed
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- ¾ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups sour cream, fat free
- 1½ cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 8" flour tortillas
- 8 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1½ cup enchilada sauce or salsa picante
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl, reserving ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Place approximately ½ cup of the filling down the center of each tortilla and top each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- Fold tortilla over filling from each end and each side to enclose filling and place, seam side down in an oiled 9"x13" baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce to cover tortillas and cover with foil.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes until sauce is bubbling and enchiladas slightly browned. Remove foil, sprinkle reserved cheddar cheese on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes.
THE SEASONED COOK If you like some heat, add some red chili pepper flakes. Start with 1/8 tsp. and add more as desired. Substitute any green vegetable for the asparagus depending on what’s in season.