Watermelon Lime Dessert
This simple dessert recipe made with heart-healthy watermelon can be enjoyed by kids young and old at your next summer party. It’s easy to prepare, fun to eat, and packed with all kinds of nutritional goodness. Serves 4.
- 1 large slice of watermelon about 1.5 inches thick
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Cut watermelon slice into a square shape, removing rind.
- With a long knife, cut into four rows each way, yielding 16 pieces. Place on platter.
- Grate lime zest over watermelon, then refrigerate.
- Just before serving, squeeze lime juice all over the watermelon pieces. 4 pieces per serving.